BERMAD FP 400E Deluge Valves are elastomeric- type globe valves that are rolling-diaphragm actuated, with an integral, solid, resilient seal. These automatic water control valves are designed for vertical or horizontal installation and are available in diameter sizes from 1½” to 14” (DN40 to DN350).
The BERMAD FP 400E valves are used for water flow control in Deluge, Combination Pressure Control Deluge, Preaction or Water/Foam systems, and are manufactured from various materials and coatings to suit all kind of industrial specifications.
The FP 400E Deluge Valve is held closed by system water pressure trapped in the control chamber. When the releasing system operates, pressure is released from the control chamber, and the seal disc opens to allow water to flow into the system.
The design of the FP 400E valve body includes a single, full bore seat with unobstructed flow path, free of any in-line ribs, supporting cage, or shafts.
The unique hydro dynamic globe design provides high flow capabilities with minimum head loss. The cover is removable via four (4) fastening bolts (up to 10”) for quick in-line inspection and servicing.
The internal design of the FP 400E valve is based on innovative technology using advanced rubber-based materials to achieve a solid, one-piece, elastomeric assembly including flexible fiber reinforced diaphragm, vulcanized with a rugged radial seal disk, and together providing resilient, drip-tight sealing. The elastomeric assembly is carefully balanced and peripherally supported to avoid tension and protect the elastomer, resulting in long-life, controlled actuation, even under harsh conditions.
The elastomeric assembly can be easily removed from the valve body with no need for disassembling the valve from the line.
The BERMAD FP 400E Deluge Valve are trimmed with the original components and accessories per specification and in accordance with valve functions and applications. Where additional specifications and/or signaling devices are required for a specific application, refer to system data for the system used, and to the BERMAD data sheet and Installation, Operation & Maintenance for specific model required.
• One-piece molded elastomeric moving part – No maintenance required
• In-line serviceable, field replaceable internal parts
• Obstacle free, full bore
• Available in corrosion resistant materials
• Designed to be reset without opening the valve
• Compatible with electric/hydraulic/pneumatic release and pressure control trim systems
• UL Listed to UL 260 from 5 to 250 psi (0.3 to 17.2 bar) Working Pressure, 1-½” through 10”
(DN40 through DN250)
• ABS Approved for 300 psi (21 bar) maximum working pressure, 1-½” through 14”
(DN40 through DN350)
• Lloyd’s Register Type Approval for 300 psi (21 bar) maximum working pressure, 1-½” through 14”
(DN40 through DN350)
• Fire Test Certified to ISO 6182 part 5, 1-½” through 12”
(DN40 through DN300)